CV literari català

Guanyadora del premi Núvol de contes, Barcelona, 2016

Guanyadora de la Lliga de Microrelataires Catalans, 2016

Finalista del premi Tinet, Tarragona, 2016

Finalista del concurs ARC, 2016

dimarts, 30 d’abril de 2013

English Translation: The Cat



I don't like cats. I've never liked them.  I've always thought them cold and selfish.
Yesterday, I was cleaning the garden and, all of a sudden, under a bunch of weeds, emerges the head of a black cat. I yell at it, trying to scare it away. It looks at me with intense yellow eyes. It doesn't move. I continue screaming and gesturing to make it leave. It doesn't move. Not an inch. I don’t understand anything. Isn't it afraid? It continues looking at me. With those eyes, incredibly wide-open. I feel their penetrating force and a chill runs from my head to my toes. Then, suddenly, something moves under it. It's the tiny head of a cat. Its eyes are still shut. It moves slowly, like in slow motion, seeking its mother's warmth. A second later, another tiny head. This one is white. Its eyes also closed. The mother continues looking at me. I now understand. Those eyes express the greatest fear I have ever seen. I feel ashamed of myself.  I hide her again behind the plants. I go home. Today I learned something new.

Translated by Lina Strenio